Thursday, July 1, 2010

Mirror Health

I would like to tell you all about a new project I'm working on. I hesitated to share it with the world. My original intent was to only share this new project with strangers, but I felt that in the end that wasn't really what I wanted. I have started a new blog called Mirror Health. This is a blog all about my personal journey to learn to accept and love myself where I am at while trying to achieve health and wellness for myself and my family.

It really is no secret that I have always had low self esteem and never thought too highly of my body. Then, as you all probably know, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. The pain I sometimes have is terrible. But I have learned that by living healthy and well I can usually cope with the pain. Sometimes I would rather be lazy though and not live healthy. This blog is an attempt to move past that laziness and to document my journey along the way.

As part of this whole journey I have decided that I want to start teaching yoga again. So, I am going to be offering a free yoga class in the park. This class will be held on the border of Orem and Lindon, UT. I hope that many of you locals will make your way there. I am really looking forward to sharing something that I love with others. The class is open to all levels and age groups. Children are encouraged to attend or to just come and play while their parents participate. I hope it will be a rewarding experience for all of us.

Oh, and did I mention it is free? That's right, this is going to be a FREE class.

Check out all the details on the new blog. I hope that maybe my journey can help someone else along their own journey while giving me the motivation (and possibly some support from readers) to follow through on my goals.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I LOVE your new blog idea. I'm posting it on my blog. Remember when we all got chubbier together in Russia from eating cirok bars and Twix, DAILY? And to be honest, we didn't even get THAT fat. Ah...the metabolism of a 19 year old.

Thelma said...

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo