Thursday, June 24, 2010

Visiting


This gorgeous lady is my mum. She is an amazing person. I mean, how many women do you know who have lived in a tent for more than a couple of days? My mom did it for several weeks and kept our family together and sane during it.

Mum came and stayed with us for a week. She is terrified of snakes, but she still stayed in my house. What a trooper. During her stay we had a little work party with my aunts Harriet and Julie. I had planned on having them most of the day and feeding them dinner. We ended up just having lunch. I couldn't believe how fast these three women can work. I've hear stories of how hard and fast my grandma could work. I guess she raised her children well. I told my mom I was surprised at how fast it was going and she just said, "We're Wilsons." True.

During our party we spotted 4 snakes and killed 3. That brings our grand total up to 15 dead snakes. Wow. Anyway, I would like everyone to join me in a round of applause for my mum because she stayed with me for 4 more nights. I'm impressed. I thought she would be gone. She's a brave woman.

We miss her. She spoils us rotten when she is here buying and making us yummy food. Bringing Cormac new clothes (he's wearing 18 month outfits now!), and buying Cormac books to chew on. And much to my shame and sorrow, she was the first to notice Cormac's new tooth. But I did discover it on my own without her saying anything. I just didn't discover it first. Oh well. Thanks for spoiling us rotten mum.

Isn't she beautiful.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Yes, she is! And you look like her, too!