Monday, June 21, 2010

Ammon's First


I had such a wonderful Mother's Day. It was a very special day for me. I wanted to make Ammon's Father's Day really special as well. So, Cormac and I made a tie for Ammon with Cormac's footprints on it. Actually it took my brother, my mom, Cormac, and me to accomplish the task, but we got it done. Then we made Ammon a special breakfast, a special dinner, and a special cake:

Our shrimp boil was a great success.



So was our Father's Day cake.

I have loved Ammon for a very long time. But until I saw Ammon hold our baby in his arms I don't think I really appreciated him. Especially on those long first nights when the baby would be crying and crying and crying and Ammon would get up and hold him so I could get a few minutes of sleep. Even though he had to get up early for work the next day. 

The first time Ammon held Cormac.

We moved into our crazy house here in Lindon only a week after Cormac was born. We had so much going on. Ammon would go to work all day and then come home and work on our house all evening and into the night. At one point we had ripped out all of our bathroom. We had no shower. So Ammon was working tirelessly to at least get us a bathtub up and running, but when you have to rip the walls, floors, and everything else out of a bathroom and then start over there is a lot to do. Especially for just one man. After working all day it was late and we were tired. It was time for bed. Then Ammon pointed out to me that he hadn't even held Cormac once that day. I had just assumed that holding the baby would just get in the way at that point. I thought it would be better to just keep out of Ammon's way so he could work. But he wanted to hold his baby. So, Ammon sat on the couch with the sleeping Cormac and just held him for half an hour before putting him down and then climbing into bed exhausted himself. I love how much he loves his boy.

Cormac adores his daddy. They have a lot of fun together already. Ammon is giving Cormac crawling lessons. They also build forts together.




I really am thankful that I have these two handsome men in my life. Ammon is an amazing father. I love to watch his face light up when he sees his son. I love to watch his son's face light up in return. Cormac is taking after his daddy in many ways. Like his height. And his winning smile. These boys are so much fun. I'm glad I get to be in the middle of this.




Happy Father's day, Ammon. Cormac and I love you. You are a wonderful father and we are both so glad that we have you!

2 comments:

Cnbztribe said...

What a wonderful tribute!

Cnbztribe said...

What a wonderful tribute!