Tuesday, June 22, 2010

8 Months Old


Or in other words, 2/3 of a year. We can't believe it over here. Cormac has been busy this month. It has been exciting. He turned 8 months old on Father's Day and he celebrated by breaking his first tooth (finally) and starting to go from lying down to sitting up all on his own. He has even started attempts at pulling himself up. What a boy. At 8 months Cormac:

~has his bottom front left tooth!
~can almost crawl. He is sort of going backward now. He is so so so so so close.
~is all over my house and in to everything despite his not crawling.
~loves books. This kid was born into the right family.
~sings and yells all day long.
~MOVES! We had a family reunion and Cormac sat next to his cousin Ruby the whole afternoon. Ruby is a month younger than Cormac. At one point Ruby's father, Tabor, said that Cormac had moved more in the last hour than Ruby moves in a day.
~has become good friends with Sandy. He laughs at her and she tries to lick him (Sandy is one of our dogs in case you aren't sure who I'm talking about).
~is ticklish under his arm and under his chin.
~smiles and laughs a lot.
~has an incredibly high tolerance for pain.
~loves to eat bread.
~is extremely curious.
~is super super tall. Our boy is now 29 inches long! He is also weighing in at about 20 lbs 5 oz.
~has the most infectious laugh and winning smile.
~can read and write. Or at least Ammon swears he can. Makes sense to me. It would explain why he loves books so much.
~still isn't sleeping through the night and seems to be getting worse at taking naps. Although we are finally on a schedule and that seems to be helping.
~loves his mommy. We like each other.
~loves his daddy.

And is still the most handsome little man around. I get so many compliments on my handsome little boy. He's a real winner. I'm just hoping his sisters get those eyelashes too. Cormac is so much fun. I love having a son who just adores me exactly how I am. I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts. I sure love my boy.

No comments: