Friday, June 4, 2010

Growing Houses


This is our little house. There is a lot of work to do around here. But since I am currently working 2 part times jobs, have a 7 month old, am attempting to help my family eat healthy meals, go to yoga 3 times a week, and try to have a few minutes here and there with my husband (among other things), most of it is not done. We have so much yard work it makes me want to cry. Our kitchen is still torn apart. Our bathroom isn't finished. And we recently had a minor flood in the basement and so it is a disaster down there as well. Sigh.

Yesterday I decided I was sick and tired of seeing my house so dirty on the outside. I went on the hunt for a hose. I settled Cormac down in the shade, turned the water up so I would have a lot of pressure, and started spraying. I wanted to get the dirt, spider webs, and bird poop off.

As I was spraying away Ammon pulled up from work. He stood a little way off until I stopped splashing so much water and then came over to give me a kiss. Then he said, "I want our house to grow too, but I'm not sure if that's the way to do it." I just love this guy. He makes me smile and laugh all the time. What a guy.

No comments: