Monday, July 26, 2010

Kitchen Remodel - Stage One

Did you hear the angels singing Friday around 7:00 pm Mountain Standard Time? The chorus was beautiful. Here's why there was so much rejoicing.

This is what our kitchen looked like the day we moved in. Nice right. It was good of them to clean up for us.

Before:

Current:

So we've been busy bees. I finally refinished my cabinets. I also ripped down the ugly back splash and painted. We replaced the stove and the dishwasher. We ripped down the mess that was above the ceiling. I'm so thrilled with how it is turning out.




We still have the top of the cabinets to finish and the ceiling. We are hoping to get working on that in the next few weeks, but we'll see. Eventually we are going to put handles on all the cabinets. Ammon is going to make me a beautiful concrete counter top that will be a shiny black. We also want to replace the floor, but we haven't decided what finish we are going to do there yet. It will be amazing though.

It has been so nice to have a fully functioning kitchen. It is really amazing. Although I find that I often forget to close the cabinets doors. We went a long time without them.

6 comments:

Cnbztribe said...

Your kitchen is looking AWESOME!
Also please add me to your blog list. I love reading about your lovely family. Good luck with the rest of your kitchen!

Cnbztribe said...

Oh yeah, my email...
www.berthaboo@gmail.com

Jennifer said...

The kitchen looks great. I'll dream of myself eating cream cheese brownies at the counter. You and Ammon are such an inspiration in home remodel.

I hear you about the cupboard doors... I never remembered much. Until the wild cat snuck in. I'm better now at remembering.

Have a good week!

Original Kos said...

The kitchen looks awesome! You guys are troopers, that's for sure.

Add me! atoastokos@gmail.com Love the blogs, and congrats on the success. So exciting!

Teresa said...

The kitchen is absolutely AMAZING! I love the color of blue you chose for the walls, and the white cabinets really brighten the space. I can't wait to see the concrete countertops. Pioneer Woman has some and she says she LOVES them!

Coralee Dahl said...

The kitchen looks wonderful, Melanee. It looks so much bigger with the lighter colors. You guys do a great job.