Friday, July 16, 2010

Shine on me



When Cormac was still in my belly I knew I was in trouble. He moved so much all the time. That suspicion has only been confirmed as we've gone along. Now he's on the move. He crawls everywhere, but that's not good enough for Cormac, he has to try to walk as well. He is pulling himself up on everything. And now he has his first black eye.


Notice the bruise under the eye. He also has a mark on his nose that I'm not sure where it came from. Then this morning he hit his cheek on the bookshelf to complete the look. I'm in trouble. But this is one tough kid. He didn't cry about his cheek and only cried for about a minute with his eye. He is rough and tumble, that's for sure.


He sure is cute. What's a mom to do? I really do try to keep him safe. I guess I'll just have to accept that this one is always going to be a bit bruised. When you play like Cormac you're bound to get some bumps. I just don't know if I'm ready for that. Lucky for me he's tough. Here we go...

1 comment:

Cnbztribe said...

My Calvin was just like that too.
I remember Clint and I were in the family room one time and we heard a thud, then a scream. Calvin had fallen on the corner of the bathroom sink. It was right before we went to Disneyland too, so all the pictures of him there are black eye ones. He was our little rough & tumble.