Thursday, July 31, 2008

Namaste

I guess from a blogging standpoint, I do much better when I'm off sleep verses when I'm on it. Now you know what I'm not doing and wish that I was. But I felt it time to update everyone on what I have been doing. I have embarked on a journey to conquer my mind and body. I'm hoping this is all very dramatic.
About a week ago I started going to Yoga School. It's a 4 week intensive training where we learn everything about Ashtanga Yoga (well, not everything) and then from there we get certified to become teachers. It is so much fun. We spend the first hour of class doing our Sun Salutations and talking about yoga and our observations. We usually chant and do some other crazy stuff too. Then we spend the next 3 hours going over the poses and all the details of that. For those of you not interested in yoga this may sound boring, but I assure you it is far from boring.
I should get back to studying, we have a test tomorrow, but here are a few pictures of Ashtanga Yoga posses. I'm hoping to get there some day.


Namaste

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Very cool, I didn't realize you were getting certified also! That's awesome. I'll definitely come sometime although I know you'll be WAY ahead of me!

Edda Phillips said...

Wow, that's awesome that you're going to be a yoga teacher! I love Yoga. Maybe I can go to Yoga school some day... Oh, and I LOVE your hair! Go pixie cuts!!

Unknown said...

Mel... I am shamefully using your blog as an attempt to get ahold of you. Please call me regarding this weekend 307-248-3482. If I don't answer, leave me a message. We're trying to figure out something for Saturday night and would LOVE to see you. Erika

meditate said...

its wonderful..!!!