Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Old Man Ammon

This past Sunday we celebrated Ammon. It was a wonderful day. We went to church, we took a nap, and then we drove around looking for houses to buy (mostly because we had to keep all the windows open because the birthday breakfast got a little smoky, so it was too hot in our house to remain there, so we drove around). We had a fabulous dinner later on as well. The Banana Cream pie is yet to come, I'm hoping for tomorrow but am terribly intimidated about making my own crust and doing it in the horrible heat.
Anyway, I think Ammon had a good day. I had a wonderful day being with him. I'm so glad that he was born and is here. And here are a few of the toys we have had to enjoy since Ammon's birthday...Okay, so we got him in May, but he was always meant for Ammon's birthday. Now he is officially ours. We even got the title a couple days before Ammon's birthday. That was a long awful story, but not for this blog. We finally have it and Apollo is officially ours. Well, Ammon's.
Now, I know what you may be thinking. What on Earth is that? I haven't seen one of those since, elementary school? Well, yes, Ammon and I have a deep dark secret. We love the old school Nintendo. So, thanks to my dear cousin and his wife, we are the proud owners of a Super Nintendo. One of the first.
Mario is our favorite. Ammon really likes Super Mario 3. Super Mario 2 is my favorite.
Ah, back to the good old days when Nintendo was easy and cartoons were still good.
On a less exciting note, Ammon is also getting 2 new pairs of jeans and a new pair of dress pants for his birthday, just as soon as I can drag him off to the store to pick them out. He is so hard to buy pants for. Way too tall and way too skinny...but just right.
Happy Birthday Ammon! And thanks to all who sent cards and called to wish him well. It was a great day, family really helps to make a birthday special.

No comments: