Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy New Year

I can't believe it is 2013 already. It's strange to think that Auzre will soon be one. It's also strange to imagine life before she was part of our family. I can't believe how big Cormac is getting. He's growing and changing so much.

2013 is going to bring some exciting things to the Dahl family. Azure is turing one. Maybe she'll learn to walk and get some teeth this year too. Who knows.

Cormac is starting preschool and speech tomorrow. I'm both excited and not about that. I think he will love it and it will be good. But is it really possible that my little one is already in preschool. How did that happen? He'll be in class Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9 to 12. Crazy. I'm going to miss him.

This year will bring some fun trips for us as well. Sometime this spring we are going to Nauvoo to visit Ammon's parents. We will be making another trip up to my parent's at some point. And we are now tossing around the idea of making it to Disney Land.

For me, 2013 is the year I'm focusing on my health. I've gone vegan and am no longer eating sugar and avoiding white flour and rice. It's hard. It really is. But I truly feel better when I eat this way. So for the entire year it is my goal to be a sugar-free vegan (did I just invent a new "thing?"). And I'm planning to do more yoga teaching and things of that nature as well.

As for Ammon, I'm not really sure. He's not much into resolutions. But he is excelling at his job and will continue to do that forever I'm sure. He is also still hard at work as the elders quorum president in our ward. Ammon is so very good. We are really lucky to have him.

It promises to be an exciting year. It's always an adventure with this crazy bunch. One of my favorite things is seeing my kids starting to play together. And I'm so looking forward to seeing them grow closer this year.








Cormac does smile. Just not for the camera. I think these two are starting to look more alike too. What do you think?

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

Beautiful family! I think your little ones are looking more alike. I love how each family gets its look.