Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas Day

I hope you'll bear with me as I share more pictures. You have to remember that some of our family (like important Grandparents who are serving a mission) don't get to see these kids often. So I like to show them off. Well, I sort of like to show them off either way.

Christmas morning in new pajamas. Santa had left a whole lot of presents under our tree. I'm glad he found these kids way up in North Idaho. I guess they were pretty good this year.



Let the present opening begin. Cormac was in on a lot of the gift opening. Even if they weren't for him. He's pretty good at breaking into presents.


 Ammon and I are fans of the Awkward Family Photos blog. A few years ago we got my dad their book because it's funny.  Well this year they gifted us an awkward gift right back. So we posed accordingly. Perhaps more awkward than our faces is the fact that our shirts match.


Uncle Nick gave Azure a bear that is about 3 times her size. It's really huge.


Azure with her new dolls. The one in her hand was from Grandma Jaynes and the one sitting next to her was from Grammie. She's not too sure about them. She really loves her balls that she got though.


And Santa really came through for Cormac. He got tons and tons of trains and tracks. He even got a train table. That one didn't make it up to Idaho, but was here when we got back.


Later that day we went out to my grandparent's winter sanctuary. So much snow! Everyone got bundled up, and we broke out the snowmobiles and sleds. Then we got serious and brought out the canoe. My grandparents have the most enormous orange canoe. They've had it forever. What we have discovered is that it is truly awesome in the snow. You can get a whole lot of people in there and it really moves in the snow. The best part is that the snow mobile then pulls it and everyone else back up the hill. I didn't get any pictures of us in the snow. I was too busy playing. It was a really wonderful day: presents, snow, games, food, and family. Yes, a truly wonderful day, despite Nick's best efforts to freeze my face off by taking me around on his snowmobile. I think we caught a bit of air at one point. It was actually a lot of fun, even if my face was frozen.

1 comment:

Olivia Cobian said...

I love the kids in their new PJs!