Sunday, January 6, 2013

Azure is 10 Month's Old

Our Azure is changing all the time. She still cracks me up daily. One of my favorites is her fake cough. She loves to fake cough. She hams it up. That's for sure.


At 10 months little miss Azure:
~ weighs 16 lbs 3 oz (finally gaining a little).
~ is now 27.75 inches long. Either the last measurement was off (at 26.25 when she was 9 months), or that was one heck of a growth spurt.
~ still has no teeth.
~ loves to play.
~ plays by herself even. I love that:)
~ likes to have her cheek stroked when she's upset.
~ sucks in her bottom lip and sort of sucks on it when she's sad or tired.
~ is not a fan of dolls. At all.
~ actually likes cars, dinosaur toys, and especially loves balls. Maybe she'll play sports.
~ loves to lay all the way down in the tub and splash with both arms and legs. Cormac hates it when she splashes him like this.
~ hates wearing a bow.
~ smiles and flirts with everyone.
~ is still such a happy baby.
~ still just wants Mom on the occasions when she is not happy. That usually only happens when she's really really tired.
~ takes 2 naps still.
~ I'd tell you she's sleeping through the night, but I don't want to jinx it, so I'm not going to actually tell you that:)
~ loves to play with Cormac, or anyone who will play. But especially Cormac.

I think this series of pictures is rather telling of my girl. In the first picture you may notice that she already has one shoe off. Pretty impressive considering I put it on seconds before I laid her down. In the second picture here she is relieved to have both shoes off and to be sitting up.


Sitting is no longer good enough for a girl who has learned to stand with support, so up she goes. Now that her position is more satisfactory she goes after the headband.


It must come off! But it's on pretty good and she can't let go with the other hand or she'll fall. It's pretty hard to get off with one hand.


One last tug and, oh never mind, what's that over there? I'll go back to getting the headband off in a minute. First I need to see what else is around me.


Last little story. We recently took a long trip up to see my folks for Christmas (which was a really good time, except for the drive). It's a 12 hour drive, so to help get the kids some relief when we stopped we made sure to find a play place. At one such stop Cormac and Azure were playing together in the toddler area. There weren't too many kids there so the two of them had that area to themselves most of the time. As I was watching them I realized how comfortable they are around each other. Cormac is rather careless when he crawls and climbs around. Azure is used to being bumped and takes it all in stride. Cormac will occasionally pay attention to her, and she occasionally pays attention to him. Mostly they do their own thing, but they have a familiarity and a rhythm when they play that I realized is so familiar. Then I realized how they are really acting like siblings. Which I suppose makes sense, but it was the first time I had really seen that they are getting to that point. I also realized that if any other kid had been playing around Azure the way Cormac was I would have been panicked and would have removed her from the area, but not with Cormac because they know each other. He isn't too careful, but careful enough, and she is comfortable and used to him. It was very exciting for me to see that they are really starting to become friends. I'm so excited to watch that relationship grow as they get older. I sure love these kids.

No comments: