Tuesday, April 3, 2012

It finally happened


I wasn't sure we would ever get Cormac to hold his sister. He has been taking more interest in her lately, but he still mostly just cares when she's crying. Yesterday I set her down in Ammon's big blue chair so I could chase Cormac down and wipe the peanut butter and jelly off his face before he got it all over the house (I was too late. Which reminds me that I heard someone famous (not sure who) tweeted the other day that "living with kids is like living in a frat house, everything is sticky and no one knows why." Makes me laugh). Anyway, after I had caught my culprit and cleansed him appropriately I went to go put the wash cloth away. When I came back into the living room Cormac had climbed up in the chair next to Azure. So I took a chance and asked if he wanted to hold her. He did. But she wanted to eat, so it was short lived. This picture was taken the third time he held her yesterday. Any time I picked her up yesterday Cormac followed me around with his arms wide open for her. Today I got the kids all dressed up so I could take another picture like the one above, only with a headband on little Azure's head so she doesn't look so bald. You think I could get Cormac to hold her today? Not a chance. Oh well.

3 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

So cute! He's holding her so lovingly too. Azure is beautiful with or without a headband. Cormac's a looker too.

Jennifer said...

Savannah just walked in and saw the picture. She said, "Wow. Can she talk yet?"

We love your adorable children. And you guys too.

Mark Dahl said...

That is such a darling photo, Melanee. She is growing so fast. She needs her quilt. I quilt every day. I'll try to get it done quickly. They look so cute together.

Coralee