Saturday, April 14, 2012

Felt Flowers

Last post today I promise. I really should spread these out more. But since I have a few minutes I think I wanted to just get them up. You see, I've been a bit under the weather. So while I should be outside helping Ammon plant and clean up the yard, I'm sitting here at the computer instead trying to breathe. And taking care of Baby Girl as well.

During my baby shower (you know. . . forever ago. . .) my dear friend Suzanne had the idea to have the ladies make felt flowers for hair accessories. We did that instead of a shower game. It was really fun. Then right after Azure was born my wonderful Mia Maids made us lasagna to put in the freezer (which is so yummy and has come in handy) and they made a few more flowers for her. Anyway, I wanted to share a couple of pictures of the beautiful flowers in action (not the lasagna).


I love this little outfit. I can't remember who gave it to me during the shower, but I love it. Azure wears it a lot. And look at how wonderful her little felt flower coordinates. So sweet.

As I was snapping pictures of Azure, Cormac decided to get in on the action. He is one cool cat.


And here's another flower that she is wearing today. I really love how sweet the flowers are. I need to make more. Although I have plenty hanging on her headband holder that I haven't even had a chance to use yet. But they will get used. I'm sure of that.


Having a girl is so much fun. I'm pretty sure she will always look a lot cuter than her mom. I take a lot of time picking out her outfits and getting her dressed each day. Not so much with myself. I suppose I should enjoy it while I can before she no longer lets me dress her and fuss over her all the time. I know my mom wishes I had been more receptive to her care in that area as a teenager. And though she doesn't say it, I'm sure she feels that way a lot of the time now. She did teach me better. But who has time for make-up and doing hair? Let alone getting out of your pajamas. I'm sorry, Mom. Don't worry, I'm sure I'll get my come uppance soon enough.

2 comments:

Suz said...

the flowers look adorable on her! (Of course it helps that she is already so adorable on her own.) :)

Olivia Cobian said...

Beautiful!