Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Remember how I destroyed Ammon's hair once. . .

Do you remember a couple years ago when I wrote this post about cutting Ammon's hair way way way too short? I mentioned in that post that perhaps I should never cut Cormac's hair after that mess. Well, Cormac was bald for a long time so it wasn't a concern. Then he needed his first haircut and Ammon took the scissors and did an amazing job. But it was time for a cut again:


He wasn't very happy with me when I took this picture, but you can see that his hair is long. It was coming over his ears. We had been putting off the haircut when one day I decided that I had had enough. I got out the clippers, put on an attachment that I thought would be sufficiently long for his little head, and then took a pass at the back of his head. Oops. He was nearly bald in that spot. So I went up a size and finished the job. When I told Ammon the sizes I used he just laughed at me.


It is safe to assume that I will not be opening a barber shop anytime soon. Cormac still looks handsome. Actually the short cut makes him look so much older. But it's still much shorter than I had ever intended. Oh well. It grows.

1 comment:

Cnbztribe said...

I had my share of hair mishaps too. I once had to shave my Dallin's head when he was about 2 because my kept messing up and tried to fix it several times. Every time I looked at him it reminded me of how I'm not a hair dresser and I wanted to cry at how I made my baby look. It grew back fast though and I still cut his hair but was VERY careful. Now I just take him to Great Clips, they're cheap and do a great job.

Cormac looks great though and you did a great job!