Monday, May 17, 2010

Cormac's Room

Let me take you on a tour of Cormac's room. We had some fabulous pink carpet and pink curtains that had to go. Sorry this picture is blurry, but this is the best picture that I have. Here is the before:
And the after:
Cormac's closet wall is shared by the bathroom. As you may recall if you followed our bathroom posts from when we moved in (click here), that wall had to be torn out due to dry rot.
We haven't actually finished the closet yet, so you don't get to see pictures, but because of that little fact we had to tear out the carpet and a good chunk of the floor and wall.
This is where Ammon started ripping and tearing. Once he had finished ripping things out, he replaced the floor, and the carpet layers came back to put down something more friendly to little boys.

And now this is where Cormac has his little domain. At some future date I hope to have an actual changing table. We've just been using Cormac's Pack & Play. The giant bean bag is a hit:
I am grateful to my Aunt Harriet for donating that fabulous dresser to our cause. I'm hoping to refinish it one day to match Cormac's crib, but it is just one thing on a list of many:
The quilt on the wall is the one that my mom made for Cormac. Isn't it sweet?
Cormac feels like king of the house. He is the only member of our family that has four walls and door. Ammon and I have yet to finish our room. Well, I guess Sandy and Charlie have four walls and a screen door. But Cormac gets to be in the house, unlike our other children.
I still need to make curtains and paint some trim for Cormac's room. And as I mentioned the closet isn't done yet. But other than that we are finished and enjoying having a place to play, read, sing, and sleep for our little one.

P.S. In regards to the shelves in the office, I know the originals looked nice in the picture, but they weren't. They were very poorly constructed of very cheap materials. They wouldn't have held up 5 books. And it really is an improvement to have them gone despite the picture making them look so good.

4 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

You do lovely work. I love Cromac's room.

Jennifer said...

SO cute. Love to you all!

Diane said...

Nice job on the room! How fun. As for the shelves in the office, I'll take your word for it!

nersey said...

What a cozy room! It is amazing when you get the babies room together finally (kenneth got his when he was like 18 mo old). It is darling as I am sure the rest of the house will be!