Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Office (No, not the series, the actual office)

I've been threatening to post pictures of our updates on the house forever. I've been keeping a careful picture account of all of it. But I haven't been good at keeping them organized. So, going through the pictures was a little intimidating. But here we are. The first room that we finished.

The original office:
This is how it originally looked. Unfortunately, this is the only picture I took of it before we tore into it. So, you can't see the fact that the ceiling is coming off and peeling away. But it was. That was something I had to fix. Love that striped carpet.

And then I did this to it:
Fixed the ceiling and painted it. Painted the baseboard. New carpet. Ripped down the awful shelves. Re-textured the ceiling (before paint). Repaired and textured the walls. Then we went with a nice smoky green to finish the product.

Then we added furniture:



And now we have a lovely office that I sometimes struggle to keep clean. It happens to be the room that we like to pile things in. But at least the ceiling isn't falling off. Keep in mind, I did this back in November. Cormac was under a month old. Ammon was working on the bathroom, so this project was entirely done by me. Only a month (and less) after having a baby. Am I proud? Well, I'd be lying if I said no. I like to think that those Garrison genes I have make me tough, and I like to think things like this prove it. Toot toot (that's the sound of my own horn).

P.S. No, the bathroom is not done. Ammon and I like to start projects. We struggle to finish them. We have given up on the bathroom in favor of the massive kitchen re-do that we are currently in the middle of (shudder...more on that later).

3 comments:

Thelma said...

I'm hoping to come and visit you and see your house this week! I'm a little excited.

Heidi said...

You did all that...YOURSELF?!? I am way more than impressed. Are you really Superwoman?

Diane said...

Awesome job! Call me crazy, but I actually like that original shelving. I am jealous though, I want an office. Or maybe just a craft room =)