Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Half of a Year

Attacking the bear. See how mischievous he is.


Okay Mom, I'll do the picture face.


I cannot believe it has been 6 months since I was miserable in the hospital thinking that I would probably die. But as of yesterday, we officially have a 6 month old. I didn't realize how in denial I was about all of this until I wrote out the sign to take Cormac's sixth month picture. I got everything set up and ready to go. Then I looked at the sign I had written. It read "Four Months Old." Uh...

Well, despite my brain dead powers, our little man is anything but brain dead. Cormac is growing and changing every day. He is so much fun. Here are a few things about Cormac:

~He LOVES!! to spit. All the time. Well, you know, you saw the previous post.
~He loves to hear his own voice. He sings, hums, yells, babbles, yells, lectures, yells, talks, yells, and occasionally screams. We love to hear his voice too.
~He's teething, blah.
~Cormac loves to be around people. He likes to laugh and giggle, but he makes you work for it.
~He has the most amazing laugh.
~He is once again rejecting the binkie. This time I'm ready for that though and I'm okay with it.
~Still not sleeping through the night.
~We sort of started solids, but then we backed off. So, he's not on solids yet, but his weight is slowing down, so here we go.
~He is one TALL boy at 28 inches. He is only 18 lbs now (but have you seen his dad? I think tall and skinny might be in the forecast for this one).
~He enjoys playing and eating everything he can get his hands on. Especially if it is in Mommy's hands.
~He is super curious. He loves to go places and see what is going on. He even enjoys watching Sandy and Charlie play.
~He rolls all over the place, can sit on his own for a while (until he gets too excited and shoots himself backward), and is closer to crawling than I am ready for.
~Cormac is always, always moving. He loves to bounce, roll, scoot, squirm, anything really, as long as he's in motion.
~He is such a handsome boy. Here, judge for yourself:
And we adore him. Ammon and I are so happy to have him in our family. It has been a crazy, fast, and fun 6 months. Everyone was right, it goes by too fast. But I am loving every minute. Happy half birthday, Cormac.

3 comments:

Thelma said...

Love love love the picture with the hat!

Jennifer said...

I love it more. Where did you get the hat?? You need a black and white picture with Mark and his hat and Cormac in his. We miss you.

Heidi said...

Love that hat! He is a VERY cute boy.