Saturday, November 7, 2009

We Do Bathrooms

I don't know why we feel the need to buy fixer uppers. I don't know why we like to remodel. And for some reason we always need to fix the bathroom. This one was in desperate need from before we bought it. We knew that this would be our first challenge with our new house.



My Aunt Harriet mercifully cleaned the bathroom for us. We will forever be in her debt. We were able to shower in relative comfort for the last week that we lived in our home. Yesterday morning our bathroom looked like this:


By bedtime last night we were down to this:



And now tonight, as we approach bed time, our bathroom looks like this:



It's a good thing we like fixer uppers. At least with this bathroom remodel we have another working toilet in the house. Last time we had to run to the gas station when nature called. Don't worry, Ammon works fast. By the end of tomorrow we will have a tub in place again. And this one will have jets!

3 comments:

Diane said...

What I want to know is does Ammon (or you) have construction experience, or do you both just learn everything as you go? Do you read books, or just look on the internet, or ask people? I'm sure that whenever we buy a house, it will be a fixer-upper. I'm excited about the prospect, since I'm planning on loving the house, but just a bit worried about the work since we'll likely have 3 kids by the time it happens! Not to mention the fact that at the present time we know nothing about renovation.

Camille said...

Um I don't even clean my bathroom. I can't imagine remodeling it. I totally respect you both.

Teresa said...

Yeah for bathrooms that aren't totally gross!