Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What is being tagged all about anyway?

So, I'm new to this whole blogging thing. But I have officially been tagged. When I first heard about being tagged I told myself that was dumb and I'd never participate. If you have not yet looked up the blog "Seriously so Blessed" then you probably should, then you will understand my hesitation. But what do you do when one of your dearest friends is the tagger? Well, I thought this looked somewhat amusing, so here we go.

What I was doing 10 years ago...
1. I lived in Spring Creek, NV
2. I think I was a sophomore that year, I would have been 14
3. I played soccer that year and tore a bunch of ligaments in my ankle. I spent much of the year watching the very awful bruise finally die away. It was a great battle scar.
4. This is the year I met Ammon.We didn't meet until summer, but we still met...
5. My parents went to Portugal for a vacation, while they were gone I had the girl that was staying with us cut off my hair. It wasn't super short (nothing like right now), but it was a big deal. We must have cut off like 10 inches. When my parents called to check on us halfway through their trip, I confessed to the hair thing (I thought they might be angry). They wouldn't believe that I'd actually cut my hair. What a surprise when they got home!

5 Things on today's "to do" list...

1. Yoga, homework, yoga practice, yoga observation, yoga assisting, and yoga teaching. I love yoga.
2. Rest enough to get my body feeling better (I'm close, but still having some pain). I think it is sad that this is on my list of things to do. This is a great intro to my current life situation.
3. Visit the Health Food Store (I need a good substitute for sugar, it's so hard to cut sugar out of your diet, it is for me anyway).
4. Pick out the next book I'm going to read. I can't decide if I should go long or short.
5. I think I'll attempt making wheat bread today. Obviously my life isn't too demanding at the moment. I was recently offered a job, but decided that until I can feel better, I should probably stick to part time work. Does anyone need a yoga instructor?

5 Snacks I enjoy...

1. Costco fruit leather...yum
2. popcorn
3. SUGAR (but I'm trying to quit, Ammon calls me his hummingbird because of my sugar obsession). For the record, this is usually not just straight sugar but in the form of goodies...usually (M&M cookies are my favorite)
4. Frozen yogurt
5. Raspberries. If I could eat raspberries for every meal, every day I would be a happy girl. I love raspberries, more than sugar even. Some day, Ammon and I are going to own a lot of land, I'm going to cover the entire plot with raspberries. I'll pick whatever I want and then we will open it up to let others come and pick. I don't think I'll even charge per bucket. We will just have a donation bucket to help us keep up the plot. Oh, there will be no end to my raspberry plants.

5 Things I would do if I was a millionaire...

1. Pay off debt from school and for my family. I'd like to build my mom the most incredible kitchen and set my parents up for retirement. My dad would have a beautiful shop where he could just piddle around and build beautiful furniture. This is when they weren't out traveling with us, of course. We would take Ammon's parents to England and go on all the tours. Jane Austin, here we come.
2. Buy an airplane and take classes. Ammon and I would like to fly. Especially if we set my parents up for retirement in North Idaho. We need some way to see them more often.
3. See the world. One of my only desires in life is to set foot on every continent (yes, every one) and see as many places as possible.
4. Obviously that house where I have the raspberries would be a purchase.
5. Oh, is there anything left at this point? We would probably adopt several children from all over the world. Actually, I should probably put this one above buying the airplane. The airplane would be the last purchase. I want a multi-race family.

5 places that I've lived...

1. All over Idaho: Jerome, Twin Falls, Moscow, Shelley, Rexburg
2. Spring Creek, NV: I think we moved 4 times while we were there. One of those was living in a tent for a few months. That was fun.
3. Palo Alto, CA, speaking of fresh raspberries
4. Scenic Provo, UT
5. Ufa, Russia (on the border of Siberia, how cool is that? Nearly as cold as Rexburg.)

5 people I tag

Let me just say that if you are interested in filling this thing out, I would be interested in reading it. Otherwise I don't tag anyone specific. Except maybe Ammon. But the chances of him filling something like this out are very slim.

3 comments:

Marshall said...

I have never liked tagging either, and I usually don't tag people--but I wanted to see your answers :). Tagging can get pretty lame--it is sometims like junk mail, sometimes not. Sometimes there are good ones.

Anyway, just have to comment on a couple things--I remember having your babysitter cut off OUR hair! Do you remember I was with you and we were both so sad afterward? Haha. Second, do you remember how much sugar you used to put on your oatmeal? Like seven full tablespoons! I Could not believe you did it! You poor little hummingbird! I have had to cut sugar out of my diet too--I use honey a lot, don't know if that helps :).

Thelma said...

I enjoyed both of your answers. Ammon, you still have POW skills. It's hard to milk you for information. You made me laugh though. So thanks.

I love you both!

Hannah Stevenson said...

Mmm...raspberries sound really good right now. I love this little picture in your mind and now mine of a field of raspberries. If you plant it, we WILL come!