Sunday, August 24, 2008

Graduation

Here are some pictures of our graduation. I think that I look like a little boy in most of them with the hat on and my new haircut. But I married a very handsome man. Thank you to my dear mother-in-law for getting us these pictures. Now I just need to get some of my family, but since they don't read my blog maybe they won't mind their lack of representation too much.

By this point in the processional we were very hot and miserable. They had us line up on the pavement outside, in the sun, in 100 degree weather wearing dark gowns. It was awful. I actually burned the bottom of my feet. But it was fun to march in. I noticed my parents right off, they were the first people I saw; Ammon's parents were also easy to spot.

It was really windy out (not when we were lining up though), that's why our tassels are everywhere. This is us with Grandma Jaynes. We were so happy she could come.

This is Ammon right after getting his "diploma." He walked with me at my college, so he was only one of three that were getting a BS instead of a BA. They announced me first, then said, "And her husband, Ammon Dahl..." it was kind of funny.

Aren't we cute? I know Ammon is.

And another. My parents are so wonderful. They bought me the most beautiful roses. They were orange, my favorite. I love roses. Thanks Mum and Pa.

Ammon and I with his parents. They were so wonderful to come. We enjoyed having them around. On Saturay after graduation we traveled with my parents, Ammon's parents, and my aunt Harriet down to St. George. We went to the splendid outdoor theatre down there to see Les Miserables. It was fantastic. It was hot, but it was fantastic. Mark and Coralee bought us the most wonderful dinner right before as well. Thank you!

I don't know if you can read this or not, but across the middle of where the "diploma" is, it says "sample." We thought that was pretty amusing.

Once again, we want to say thank you to everyone for coming such a long way to support us and for all of your wonderful gifts. We are truly blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people.

2 comments:

Thelma said...

You both look darling in your caps and gowns. Very happy too. What does a happy couple do to celebrate graduating???? Travel north to visit a sister? Hmmm......

I know you're busy. I just have to keep myself in the forefront of your mind right?

XOXOXOXO

Marshall said...

Congratulations to the both of yoU! I think your haircut looks adorable! How awesome! What next?