Monday, December 5, 2011

New Guest Bedroom

It's been a long time since I've posted any new pictures of our home. It's still a work in progress, but something you may or may not know about us is that we are excellent at starting projects but not so great at finishing them. So there hasn't been much to post. Well, with the birth of this new little one getting closer I have been wanting to create a nursery. I never really got a chance to do that with Cormac, so I thought I'd take advantage this time around. I decided that the first bedroom downstairs would make the perfect spot, but I had already turned that into our guest bedroom. This is what that room looked like if you recall.



In order to make this room the nursery I decided to move the guest bedroom into the other bedroom downstairs. That bedroom originally looked like this:



But I had painted it purple and turned it into a craft room. However, I never really finished that project, and so I never took or posted pictures. I decided that lavender wasn't a great color for a guest room, so I painted this room to be the same green as the old guest bedroom (I adore that color). This is the finished product:





It's still set up so I can craft in this room when we aren't entertaining folks. I think it turned out really nice. I'm happy with our thrown together project. Next I need to finish up the nursery. But first we have to get through Christmas.

1 comment:

Julia Harding said...

Looks great! Can't wait to see the nursery!