Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Eve

Since Ammon and I have started staying home for the Christmas holiday rather than going to our parent's homes we have spent Christmas Eve out at my Aunt Julie's home. It's always a good group of aunts, uncles, and cousins to enjoy and laugh with. Each year we eat delicious homemade pizza, frappe, shrimp, cheese balls, fudge, and toffee. So yummy.

After a spiritual message we do a white elephant gift exchange (aka the crass potty humor exchange). It's always a riot. Lots of laughs and lots of fun.

Cormac did sit for about 3.5 seconds of the spiritual message.

The rest of the message he tried to get a better look at the camera. It is requisite that he makes faces such as these when doing the closer inspection.

Hunter wanted to give Cormac a loving hug. Cormac wasn't sure what was going on. We need to work on that.

Shea opened the first gift. It was a lovely neck pillow.

Jesse opened the singing Santa hat. The top flipped back and forth. It was rather entertaining.

Then the potty humor began.

There were others, but these were the ones I got pictures of. Lots of entertaining gifts.

I gave away this stylish basket. To make it better I added some toffee to the inside.

Along with my toilet paper and reach extender that I scored I got these pants. I think my weight loss plan is looking pretty good even for being 8 months pregnant.

Ammon joined me in the other pant leg. I think this is a great maternity picture of us.
We had a wonderful time. We really don't spend enough time with our family that lives close. That's my fault. But I'm glad that we are able to join in on this tradition each year. It has been a highlight of our Christmas season.

No comments: