Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Random Happenings of Late (AKA our Christmas Card)

I have been meaning to write an update for a while. I truly have. But it's been busy around these parts. Our weeknights are constantly being taken up by something or other. My days are filled with the various ins and outs of taking care of a toddler and a house. Life is busy. But so very wonderful. We are very blessed.

Since life has been busy we decided not to send out a Christmas card this year, but to count this instead. So here you have it. Ammon said I should tell you all "hi" from him. We will probably send out birth announcements as our "Christmas" cards this year, so you can look out for those later.

Ammon is still serving as our ward's Elders Quorum President which keeps him on his toes. A few months ago I was released from cub scouts and called to be one of three advisors in the Mia Maids. So that has definitely made our lives busy. Ammon's job is going well. He is working part time on the big freeway core project that is going on here in Utah County. He works on the schedule and enjoys it. The other part of the time he is up in Draper working at the main office for Wadsworth Brothers. He's a busy man in high demand.

Our pregnancy is going well. I'm tired. Very tired. And I'm getting uncomfortable. Other than that it has been a very easy pregnancy. Much better than the first time around. When Cormac was still residing inside of me he would move away any time we would try to touch him. But this little girl is the total opposite. She likes to play. It's fun to push back when she pushes (although she is really strong and it can really hurt) and to have her interact. We are really looking forward to meeting her in about 2 months give or take a few days.

Cormac is as crazy as ever. He cracks me up so much. He is starting to become a bit more snugly, which I love. He gives great kisses and hugs. He is saying a few more words, but very few. He is more concerned that we understand him when he is communicating, but he still mostly speaks his own language. He does understand us. So I guess he'll come around in his own due time. Maybe when the new baby starts learning to speak he'll join in. Cormac is getting so tall. I really can't call him a baby anymore. He doesn't even look as much like a toddler as he used to. He's really starting to look like a little person. He's a little boy, and I miss the days when he was tiny, but I am really loving this stage.

And for your viewing pleasure, here are some pictures. The first was at a recent work party for Ammon (which Cormac was not in attendance). The second is a few months back of our darling boy, but what can I say it's one of my favorites.



Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you. We hope your holiday is filled with love, happiness, working furnaces, and lots of chocolate. We are thankful for this time of year and the reminder of our Savior. May we all remember the true meaning of the holiday.

Love to all,
The Dahls

3 comments:

Cnbztribe said...

You guys are such a cute family! Glad your pregnancy is going well and the rest of you are healthy and happy. Merry Christmas!

Thelma said...

Glad for the update. Your Christmas party looked very festive--as did both of you. (I wish we got to go to a company Christmas party...it's sort of a busy time for Amazon.)

Merry Christmas! We love you.

Haley Krumblis said...

Okay we seriously need to see each other. Can't wait for new baby Dahl to get here, how exciting! And I can't wait to meet Cormac! Hope you guys have a great Christmas...