Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Picture of Domestic Bliss

While it may not seem like a big deal to most accomplished women I know, it is a big deal when I make bread. I do cookies, candy, pie (occasionally), and brownies. I do not do bread products very often. It is a big deal when I do. I made bread today. Take that morning sickness; I'll show you who is going to rule the day.
As I was making bread my thoughts have been with another great bread baker. My dear Mother-in-law. This is a woman who does it all. Not only does she make delicious bread often, but she manages to be the most incredible mother, grandmother, and wife. All while keeping a career as an accountant. Today is her birthday. I find myself thinking of her today and hoping that I can someday learn to "do it all," like she does. I'm thankful for strong women in my life who show me a way that I can be. Maybe someday I'll bake bread regularly, but in the meantime, I'm glad that I know where fresh bread is always in abundance and know that I'm always welcome to it. Happy Birthday Coralee, you are an amazing person. I hope you have an amazing day.

3 comments:

Thelma said...

This is very nice Melanee...and that bread looks really good.

Marshall said...

Ooh, looks yummy. Good job. I bet it didn't last long . . .

Coralee Dahl said...

Melanee,
As usual I am behind in my reading. Didn't read your blog about the bread on my birthday until today. Thank you so much for the nice things you said. I think you're great.