Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hard Things

It is strange how things can be hard at one stage in your life, but then they later become easy and vice versa. For example, when I was young it was very difficult for me to read. I hated reading and had a horrible time learning how to read. Today, reading is one of the easier and more pleasurable things that I do.
It seems to me that many things in life can be hard, but they stay that way for only a while. This is not a rule, but seems to be a pattern that life takes. But, I have discovered that some things are always hard. They have been hard since the first time I did them, and they are still hard today. The thing I am thinking of, is how hard it is to spend time away from my husband. I had a crush on Ammon the first time I met him and all of our separations throughout the years were difficult. We didn't live in the same town until we were married. Since being married we have become very clingy to each other. I used to cry when Ammon would be away for a weekend to go to a track meet. It has always been hard for me to part with him.
Ammon is up in Montana this week. He is getting things ready for the job to start there. He is also finding us a suitable place to live. These are worthy goals and I'm so thankful that he was able to go to get things moving. But I hate having him gone. I miss him. No matter how short the period is, I simply do better with my Ammon close by. Being apart will always be a hard thing.

1 comment:

Marshall said...

It is hard on you. Time to get lots of good books to read! How are you feeling?