Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Anne the Optimistic

I have been reading the Anne of Green Gables series lately. It is a fun, quick, easy, enchanting little read. I have always been a big fan of the movies. Something that I have noticed in the books is how Anne's character is completely optimistic. This is a character that never sees bad in people until they have proven that there is nothing else to see. She is endlessly happy, cheerful, and delighted in all the people and situations that she is put in. Because of this, Anne is able to influence people for good. I respect that. I am naturally a pessimist. I think I always have been. I am lucky to have married an optimist. But I think I would like to be more like Anne. Maybe in just a few ways. I think seeing good in people and situations could be a lot of fun. So, I'm going to start right now. I'm going to be thankful that I have a home. I'm going to not worry about if it sells or not. Instead, I'm just going to rejoice in the fact that either way, I will have a wonderful place to live. It's a very lofty goal. But, as long as I have books in the Anne series to read, I'll have plenty of motivation.

1 comment:

Marshall said...

Good way to think, Melanee. You are great :).