Monday, March 22, 2010

The (nearly) two week long trip

On Tuesday the 9th of this month Ammon got a call from CECO. They wanted to hire him for a few days to go and train some guys up in Seattle. So, we decided to make a family event out of it and we took off the next day. Can you see the excitement?
Cormac enjoyed chewing on his rattle, and anything else that he could get to his mouth. He did great on the trip up to Moscow, Idaho to visit my family. It is a long 12 hour drive. Cormac was awake for most of it, but we just played and had a good time.
We stayed at my grandparents house for three and a half days. We got to hang out with my parents. Cormac was still enjoying chewing on anything he could get his hands on. Most often he just chewed on his hands.
Uncle Nick was able to come and spend a few days with us. That was fun. I don't get to see him as often as I would like. I think Cormac enjoyed hanging out with his Grandparents and his uncle.

This is the back of my grandparents house. My uncle designed it and my father built it. It is pretty neat. Very modern and chic. My mom and I enjoyed going for a walk. It's a beautiful place, even if it is a nightmare to get there.
This picture of these elk was taken inside my grandparents bedroom window. They were so close to the house.
We had a wonderful time with my family. They were a little under the weather, so we just hung out and played games. My mother made us the most delicious food. She spoiled us. It was such a nice trip.

On Sunday the 13th we drove another 6 hours to get to Ammon's sister's house in Seattle. You can read more about our adventures on Thelma's blog. She also has more pictures of her family which I somehow came up short on. Ammon worked two days for CECO. In the meantime, I got to get to know Thelma and her kids better. Out of all of Ammon's family I have gotten to know the Davises the least in the last five years. I had a wonderful time talking with Thelma. I found out that we have a lot in common. I am rather shy and was a little nervous to hang out at my sister-in-law's house with out my hubby, but we had a wonderful time, and they made me feel right at home. I really wish that they lived closer.

We got to go to the beach. My niece, Emma, read the whole time. The boys, Braeden and Mark, worked on a fort. And Thelma and I visited and spotted a seal really close to the shore (he dove before I could get my camera on him). And Cormac liked chewing on his fingers and watching all the people and dogs go by.
After Ammon finished up with CECO, he embarked on a project for Thelma. He tore out the carpet in their master bathroom and laid some tile. As usual, it ended up taking longer than we had anticipated, but the end result is beautiful and I think everyone is pretty happy about it.

Before:

After:
While we were there we got to see a play by the Davis children. It was really fun. The blue shirt is Mark, pink shirt is Emma, and the wolf is Braeden.
Thelma was also very good to us. She fed us amazing food and thrilled us with her skills on the Wii obstacle course. Adam and Thelma treated us to many of their favorite restaurants as well. Everyone in their family made us feel welcome and special. They adored Cormac (who doesn't?) and helped me out with him a lot. Emma sacrificed her bed for us for the entire week, what a trooper.
We had a truly wonderful time. We left on Sunday the 21st. It took us two days to get home. Cormac wasn't as happy these last two days as he was on the way. We were so thrilled when we got home that when Ammon found a snake on our water heater in the house it wasn't even that bad of a shock. Luckily Ammon has fast reflexes and grabbed the culprit and despatched of him before he could hide away. And now we are happy to just be home for a few weeks before we embark on our next adventure. More on that to come.

6 comments:

Thelma said...

I'm so glad you came to visit! We missed you immediately after you left.


MY GOODNESS! A snake in your house. Welcome home! I'm glad Ammon was heroic and got rid of it.

I look forward to seeing you again in May!

XOXO

except for no kissing on the lips...I know how startling that can be for both of us :)

Jennifer said...

I hope the next adventure involves coming out here to make cream cheese brownies for ME while I hold Cormac. :)

Jennifer said...

PS - Isaiah would like to know how Ammon disposed of the snake and if Charlie and Sandy ate it and if Charlie and Sandy liked it. Perhaps they could have a little uncle/nephew talk about it when you come out next since it doesn't sound like a great blog topic.

Also, we made french fries on Sunday. Isaiah and Luke said, "You mean we're having Ammon and Melanee Fries? Cool!"

Teresa said...

You really do do bathrooms! Sounds like a really fun trip. I'm glad you got to visit your parents for awhile. I'm sure they miss Cormac like crazy!

Olivia Cobian said...

It sounds like a wonderful trip and that Cormac traveled great. I'm impressed with Ammon's prowess.

Robert Johnson said...

My kids were so jealous of Thelma's kids that you didn't spend a week at our house! Love, M