Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Five Months!

Our little Turkey is growing up. I can't believe he is already 5 months old. He is so much fun. He is growing and changing so much all the time. We love having him around. At five months Cormac:

~can almost sit up on his own. He tries all the time. He really wants to.
~rolls all over the place. He is finally starting to go from stomach to back too.
~can get his knees under him when he is on his stomach and push himself up. He doesn't have the arms figured out yet. But I think we are dangerously close to having a crawler.
~loves to make noises and listen to himself sing. He still makes noises like he's blowing ships out of the water. It is pretty darn cute.
~doesn't blow spit bubbles as much, but he sure likes to drool (possibly teething? we aren't really sure).
~Smiles a lot!
~will laugh if he is in the right mood and you are goofy enough. Interestingly, he loves to laugh a crazy laugh right after Ammon says, "you're nuts!" I think he likes the sound of it, but only if Daddy says it.
~loves bath time. And boy can he splash.
~is still not sleeping through the night. Will it ever happen?
~has slowed down in the growth department. He is about 17 lbs and still 26.5 inches. We are starting solids this week.
~loves to put any and all objects in his mouth.
~love, love, loves to bounce and stand and bounce and stand and bounce...
~is super adorable. We love him so much.

I have realized that using such a large stuffed animal in these pictures was a mistake. You really don't get a good scale. So, I am posting the following pictures to give you a rough idea of how much our little one has grown in five months. These first two were taken at 2 weeks old.
Full body stretch. These were taken in his pack and play.
Same pack and play. Same position as before. But not nearly the room to stretch as he used to have. And look! He's sort of smiling.
We love our Cormac to pieces. He is a strong, handsome boy. I can't imagine my life without him. I don't understand how I could have been content with life before he came. I guess I was not that content. It sure took a lot to get him here. And we are so happy for our little miracle.

1 comment:

Thelma said...

What a cute baby with wonderful parents. He's grown up alot from the newborn with skinny legs. Did you ever find his giraffe? We haven't seen it.

I told Ammon today: I made it through the bubble game on the Wii. I knew you'd be proud.