Wednesday, September 2, 2009

When it rains...

It pours! My family has always believed that bad things come in groups of three.

1. When we got home from our camping trip on Sunday my Beta fish had died. This little fish was a trooper. I had him way before we moved to Montana. He sat in the front seat with me the whole drive here. He was my only friend here in Montana. I can honestly say that aside from Ammon I have had no one else but that fish. I shed a few tears for him.

2. We found  out that it is very unlikely that we will be able to move back to Utah until November. I had been counting on moving in 4 weeks. We were only supposed to be here 2 months after all. It has now been over 4. This means that I will not get to get settled before the baby comes. I will be having the baby here in fact. Which I am not happy about. I will also be stuck in this apartment for 2 more months! I don't believe in crying. I really hate to cry in fact. Yesterday, after I found this news out, I indulged in the first cry that lasted over one or two minutes that I have had since I went off birth control; well over 3 years ago.

3. My last pair of contacts ripped. I got in touch with the doctor to send me my prescription. He sent the wrong one. It takes several days to order them in anyway. All of this would be okay, except that my glasses are broken. I am wearing broken glasses and they are causing my already sensitive, pregnant skin to break out. Lovely.

Now, none of this would be nearly as big of a deal as it is if I weren't 8 months pregnant. But I am. And it is a big deal. And I am not happy. Aside from this, Ammon is having a horrible week at work. First his computer broke. Then they had some issue with the most recent pour. And now they are having a hard time getting the equipment they need to fix that problem. Three again. I am going to go drown my sorrows in yet another Milky Way bar, maybe cry a little more, and call my mom. 

But to end on a good note. We have a house under contract. Granted there are still many things that can go wrong between now and closing. But here's hoping that we have had our 3 in all areas and things will go smooth from here on out.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hang in there Mel! You can do it! And remember how your hospital has the nicest birthing area ever? This is a POSITIVE!!! :) Maybe you need another fish... not a beta (your fish can't be replaced) but maybe you need another little fishy friend :)

I agree things happen in threes: 1) Our water heater flooded our basement and had to be replaced 2). Our dryer just quit working and burned all of my whites so there are scortch marks on everything 3). We just found out my doctor for the baby isn't on our insurance...

But if that's my 3 things, life is bound to get better! :)

Jennifer said...

Melanee, I'm so sorry. About the fish, the extra time, and contacts. I'm glad you're coming to see us (well maybe not US, but coming here anyway). I'm just baking cookies and I'm going to give you a whole bag. We're cheering for you.

Camille said...

So my biggest comment is really a question - is the house at the top of your blog the house you are planning to move in to?! It's gorgeous! where is it?

Melanee said...

Unfortunately the house we are hoping to purchase and move in to is no where near as gorgeous as the one in the picture at the top of our blog. I just liked it and so I put it up there. Maybe someday we will get it to look like that. The new house will be in Lindon if all goes well.

Thelma said...

Melanee I'm sorry about all of the rotten luck.

I'm glad you have Milky Way bars and a phone to call your mom. Sometimes that's just what it takes!