Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Update on Everything Pregnancy

Two Friday's ago I had to go to the doctor. I had some sort of infection, we still haven't figured out exactly what it was. The doctor asked if I was having contractions. I said no. She asked if I was sure because I was dilated to a 1. I said I was pretty sure. She made us go to the hospital and get put up on the monitor anyway. I guess I was having contractions. I didn't know you could have those and be unaware of it. Well, I was only at 34 weeks so they put me on some medicine to stop the contractions, gave me an antibiotic, and sent me home to rest with instructions to come back if I was still having contractions.

Saturday morning we went back to the hospital. I didn't know what contractions felt like, but I thought I was still having them. I was. So, I was put on bed rest for the weekend. Two days of bed rest was horrible. The worst part was that we were planning our last trip to Utah the next weekend. We could have cancelled the trip (and would have if we needed to), but it was sort of an important weekend. We were supposed to close on our house, Ammon had a golf tournament, I had my baby shower, and we were supposed to get the carpet in our new home torn out so that we could get the new carpet laid.

On Monday I went to my regular Doctor. She felt like everyone had over reacted. She felt I was far enough along to just let nature run it's course. She didn't feel like I needed to be on bed rest and said that if I stayed on the anti-contraction medicine I could travel, as long as I was feeling okay.

So, last week we left on Wednesday afternoon and stayed that night in Idaho Falls. On Thursday we closed on our house and once again became home owners! On Friday I went shopping with my aunt and my mom while Ammon golfed. When he was done golfing he got the keys to our new house, replaced one of the toilets, and started ripping up carpet. Saturday I got to have my baby shower, Ammon ripped out more carpet and tons of staples, and BYU won their game. Sunday morning Ammon worked on some finishing up things on our house, we had a big family dinner, and then headed part of the way home. Monday afternoon we finally got home.

Here are some pictures from my baby shower. My friend Lizzy threw the shower. She caters professionally and went all out for me. I have never felt so spoiled. We had a big crowd there. It was a wonderful time. I felt truly loved and spoiled. This baby is definitely spoiled. The only thing that could have made the day better is if my sister could have made it to the shower. We missed her.


My mum drove 12 hours to be with me during the shower.


Lizzy and Me. No comments on my size please; I'm perfectly aware.


My wonderful Aunt Harriet gifted me the gift of modesty. Thanks Harriet!


Abbey and me.


Camille and Sarah playing the How well do you know Mommy-to-be game.


Everyone playing the Finish the nursery rhyme game.


Ammon's family. Grandma Jaynes, Launa, Mary, and Mindy.


Thank you everyone! This baby and I were truly spoiled.


Great friends from my last ward. Wendy, Courtney, Julia, and Julie.


My wonderful family. Becca, Stacy, Jamilah, Kimberley, Jamee, Julie, and my mum.


Angela and Me.


Cousins from Ammon's side. Camille and Sarah.


The beautiful and delicious food table.


Cute table decor.


Yum. Everything was so good.


Here is a good shot that gives you the ambiance of the party.


Party Favors.


Candy, animal crackers, and yummy cupcakes complete with little pacifiers on top.

The trip was extremely hard on me. But we got the essential things we needed done. We are all prepared for the baby to come now. Well, as prepared as you can be. I still have some cleaning to do. We got home Monday evening. Monday night, or I guess it would be Tuesday morning, I was woken up by contractions twice. The second time I stayed up and started timing. I was (and still am) having contractions every 3 minutes that lasted for about 50 seconds. They didn't really hurt, but they were uncomfortable. So we ended up at the hospital at about 5:00 in the morning. I am definitely having contractions, but they don't seem to be doing anything. The baby's head is still high and I'm not dilating. We are home now. I'm still having very regular contractions and they are starting to get more and more uncomfortable, but as far as I know we are not going to have a baby for a while yet. I want him to wait one more day and then I don't care when he comes. We will be at 36 weeks tomorrow and we will be in to October. Those are my two requirements.

So, now I am sitting around waiting for our little guy to show up. We had a wonderful weekend though. Thank you to everyone who came to the shower and made me feel special. I really miss everyone back in Utah. It was so nice to see everyone. Next adventure: having this baby.

6 comments:

behoxer said...

Good luck Melanee!!! I am so excited for you, especially after the long struggle to get to this point! I can't wait to see pictures of this little guy!

Edda Phillips said...

Oh my goodness, hang in there! (I was the same way, too - I didn't realize I was having contractions until the machine said so.)

Diane said...

Wow, sounds like you are getting close! If he does come soon, I imagine it will be nice for you to have a few weeks in between having a baby and the stress of moving. My question is - where are the pictures of this house you just bought??

Unknown said...

Yay for an update! I'm glad you were able to make the trip out to Utah... I know how much you were looking forward to it. Congrats on closing on your house and holy cow with those contractions!!! I'm glad it's October, too. Now he can come whenever!

Marshall said...

Good luck! How exciting! Contractions are definitely hard to feel at first! Sounds like your body is gettin ready though! I will keep you in my prayers!

Thelma said...

I am happy to get caught up on your news. I wish I could have been there for the shower, it looked really nice. Drinking a lot of water always helped me with those early contractions...here I go again with the unsolicited advice.

I CAN'T HELP MYSELF!!!!