Sunday, September 13, 2009

Giving in to Peer Pressure

Because I cannot say no to people when they ask. And for the sake of documenting these past 9 months for posterity; I have caved to peer pressure and will post some degrading pictures of myself. This picture is the pre picture. Before I cut my hair, before I became pregnant, and right as I was beginning yoga.

Then I chopped all of my hair off. This picture was taken in March at an expo that I was vending at. I had been really sick getting ready for this event. 

Turns out I was about 6 weeks pregnant during this event, but I didn't know it until a few weeks later. Sure explained a lot of things.

Seven pregnancy test later. Everything about my body began to change. I am in about the end of my 4th month here. Looking just as tired as I truly was. The cute hair cut is trying to grow out with not so pleasant results.

At 6 months pregnant I have not grown too much from my 4/5 month picture above. But I'm most definitely growing. As is my hair.

This is my belly as we approach 7 months of pregnancy. I protested these pictures, but have to admit that as far as maternity pictures go, these are not bad.

When I was 29 weeks along, Ammon and I took a tour of the Charlie Russell Museum. He was far more interested in the concrete work than he was in the actual paintings. I have to admit I agree with him. The paintings were amazing and take talent; they just aren't my style. The building, on the other hand was very much my style. So, this is me at 29 weeks or in the middle of month 7.
And finally. This rather paranoid looking picture is me at 33 weeks. Halfway through month 8. The growth spurt has been fast and furious since week  29. He is now measuring 3 weeks big and all of it is straight out. You can see me come around a corner before most of my body has even gotten there. At least my hair is starting to grow out a little better.
This picture was taken before Church today. I had to speak. I just couldn't get up close enough to the microphone. They kept having to turn it up so that I could be heard. Sorry, that's what you get for asking an 8 month pregnant lady to speak in church. 

Yeah, I think we are going to have a big baby. This boy just won't slow down. He has introduced stretch marks, pulled muscles, and all kinds of fun things with his rapid expanding. I have heard that my mother carried us kids really far forward, maybe it is in my blood.

But for the record, yes, I'm certain. There is only one in there. Only 7 more weeks to go!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray! You look amazing! :) Best of luck to you in the weeks ahead!!!

Unknown said...

WOW!!!

that is a tummy. You look still look hot Melanee

Melanee said...

It's so nice to have friends that will flatter you no matter what. You guys are great.

Heidi said...

I know there is no way that you feel like you look great but you do!

Marshall said...

How fun! LOVE the belly pictures :). I have like zero from my first pregnancy! You are too cute!

Anonymous said...

wow melanee! you have the CUTEST pregnant belly i have ever seen! And your face in that last picture is just classic! Just hang in there....only a few more weeks to go and you will have your precious baby boy in your arms.....i bet he'll be a track star just like his daddy. Im so excited for you guys!