Tuesday, January 13, 2009

If I were a poet my night would be productive

epa1219l.jpg
"While pensive poets painful vigils keep-Sleepless themselves to find their readers sleep."
~Alexander Pope

"Tomorrow night is nothing but one long sleepless wrestle with yesterday's omissions and regrets."
~William Faulkner

"A flock of sheep that leisurely pass by,
One after one; the sound of rain, and bees
Murmuring; the fall of rivers, winds and seas,
Smooth fields, white sheets of water, and pure sky;
I have thought of all by turns and yet do lie
Sleepless!"
~William Wordsworth


2 comments:

Thelma said...

Sorry about the insomnia. It appears you're in good literary company...is that consolation? Probably not.

Olivia Cobian said...

You poor dear. I have been there myself, but haven't tried writing poetry.