Thursday, December 4, 2008

Kick in the Pants

This last year has been very challenging for me. I have had so many lessons to learn. At the beginning of year I was able to deal with new challenges. I was able to shoulder the challenges of school, work, health, etc. As this year has progressed my capacity to deal with all of these things has declined. I have struggled as my body has continued to be more and more fatigued. I have had to deal with constant pain, rather than just the occasional hurt; the pain seems to always get worse, just when I think it could never hurt more. I managed to make it through school, but have been struggling to support Ammon in his last few semesters. Work is always a new challenge. This past November has been one of the blackest that I can remember in a long time. I have constantly felt completely alone and overwhelmed.
I think that December 1st has marked a change in my bleakness. I had so many birthday wishes roll in from so many people. It was wonderful to hear from people I haven't heard from or seen in years. I got calls, emails, and comments on my blog from so many friends and family. I never knew I was so loved. It is amazing how a kind word at the right time can change someone's outlook on life. I feel so blessed, loved, and supported at this time. I want to send out a big thank you to all of you! I love you all and am so thankful that you love me as well. Just when I thought I could not take it anymore and was looking out for the right ditch to roll up in I find that I am  not alone and have a network to fall back on when life gets like this. Ammon and I are so blessed. Thank you all! We love you!

2 comments:

Marshall said...

Aw, shucks. You're making me blush.
Sorry you have had such a stinky year. My prayers and thoughts are with you always.

Original Kos said...

I hope you're feeling better!

I get really down too. I wish you the best! Good thing you have such a wonderful hubby. They're the best. (: