Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Birthday

I don't write often, but when I do it is for a special purpose. Today is Melanee's birthday. What could be a more special purpose? Nine years ago was the first of Melanee's birthdays after we had met. I gave her the book The Princess Bride. It was a hit. Not only was it a movie we both enjoyed, but I found out a book is a good gift for Melanee on any occasion. The next few birthdays we were either not speaking, in different states, or in different countries. I'm glad we have been able to spend the last four birthdays together. She is an incredible woman.

We got home last night from her parents house in Idaho. It was a long day in the car with the two of us and our two dogs, but it was wonderful to spend the time with Melanee. It was wonderful to be with Melanee pretty much all day for five days while we were driving and with her family. I miss her. I know I saw her a few hours ago and I will see her in a few more, but I miss her and want to spend all day with her again.

I think true love means wanting the one you love to be able to laugh at the things you do. Whether it be a funny Youtube video or something from the Daily Universe Police Beat, we love to share things that are funny with each other. I am glad I have someone to laugh at me and with me. Melanee is good to me. I love her more than anything and hope she has a wonderful birthday.

2 comments:

Marshall said...

Happy Birthday Melanee!

Thelma said...

Very sweet post Ammon. You are a good kid and did a good thing marrying Melanee. I'm glad you did.