Thursday, November 13, 2008

Doggy Number Two

We are nearly "officially" one of "those" families. For my birthday (which happens to be 2 weeks from now) Ammon agreed to get me...another dog! I felt like Sandy was probably lonely from all of her time alone and wanted a companion for her. Plus, I really like the feeling of rescuing a dog from the shelter. I know, I know, it's time to have kids.

Meet Charlie! He is our newest addition. He is great. He's house trained (but doesn't come inside, that's why we are only "nearly" one of those families), he love, love, loves to play fetch, and he can jump our fence without any thought at all, and has taught Sandy how to do the same. The joys.
Charlie

They look a lot alike. They are both a pretty good mix of things, but they both have Australian Shepherd and Border Collie in them. We are pretty sure that Charlie has some German Shorthair as well.

Sandy and Charlie. Charlie struggles with staying sat down.

Charlie (he has a lot more white on him than Sandy)

Charlie and Sandy.

Sister and brother.

Sandy, up close and personal.

A rare moment for Charlie, he's sitting!

Charlie, waiting for me to throw the ball. He loves to fetch.

Hello Charlie and welcome to the family.

I guess we are officially insane. Two dogs! But, there are very few people in our neighborhood with fewer than four dogs, so I guess we felt we had to fit in. True, one of our dogs is the size of 8 of theirs, but what can I say? We like big dogs that can actually play and have fun with us. We are excited to have two overly excited little friends to join our family. We went from no pets to two dogs, two frogs, and sixteen fish. Whew!

2 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

Congratulations on the new addition. I'm sure the dogs will be happier and healthier for having each other.

Nicki said...

They are both so cute! I hope you are having fun with them.