Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Better Than Yours


I realize that in this world not just one type of person is right for everyone. But I am amazed at just how perfect my husband's type is for me. I still sit in awe at the fact that we made it through our awkward high school days, his 2 year mission, and all the drama I put us through. But here we are. Happy to have one another.
Yesterday morning was the type of day that is just too much. I'm sure the ladies reading have had these days. It was a day when every little thing added up and was weighing on me. All of my personal short comings, the fact that I need a haircut, the uncleanliness of my kitchen floor, all of that was getting me down. Plus, my body hurt (not out of the ordinary, but still not fun). Then I went to pull out the rolls I had prepared for our staff meeting. Unfortunately, I had let them rise too much and had a sheet of nasty looking rolls. No big deal. I'll just pick some up on my way to work. I turned the burner on to heat up the soup and then planned to jump in the shower. The next thing I know, I can smell burnt soup. I had carefully prepared Chicken and Wild Rice soup the night before. It was perfect...the night before. I was so upset. Then, to send me over the edge, I looked out my front window where the scouts had placed a flag for Veteran's day. Sandy had shredded it! Not just a little either, the entire flag was a wreck. So, I called Ammon crying. He assured me that it would be okay to go pick up lunch and that we would worry about the flag when he got home. I skipped my shower, wrestled the flag away from Sandy, and made it to work with random food I had bought a half hour late.
Halfway through the day I got a call from Ammon, just checking in on me. I was still upset, but at least not crying. I went to my massage after work (which helped my physical stress) and then came home. I walked in to see the messy soup all cleaned up, the dishes done, and the floor swept. And then to top off the night, Ammon took me out to dinner so we wouldn't have to bother with cooking again. What a sweet heart. He knows exactly what I need when I need it. We spent the rest of the night watching funny movies on YouTube together, laughing and talking. I'm not saying that mine is better than yours. I'm just saying that mine sure knows how to treat me. When I'm having a bad day, there are only two people in this world that can fix it, Mom and Ammon. Thank you Ammon for all that you do for me. I'd be a wreck without you.

2 comments:

Thelma said...

I'm glad that bad days and good husbands go hand in hand for you too. Ammon's been a good kid his whole life. I'm glad he found a good wife.

nersey said...

That is a very sweet picture of you and Ammon. You do make one good looking couple!