Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Azure at 7 and 8 months

I've been remiss in my efforts to keep up this blog. When Cormac was a baby I'd sit him on my lap and type around him. He would stay content for a little while. Long enough that I could usually blog or do other such things. Azure doesn't sit content. She tries to grab the keyboard. She is all over the place. I usually have to hold on to her with 2 hands to keep her from falling forward and smacking her head on the desk. So blogging just doesn't happen as often.

But despite my lack of recording it here, time has continued to march on and this little one has turned 7 months and now 8 months. So here I combine the two (poor second child; she's just not getting as much press as the first did).


At 7 months old Azure was 16 lbs 6 oz and was 26.25 inches long. Her growth has really slowed down. She's still getting long, but she's really not putting on much weight. And at 7 months she was really crawling backward very well, but not so much forward.



Now at 8 months old Azure has actually lost a few ounces. She's 16 lbs 2 oz (which puts her in the 14th percentile for weight), and she is 27 inches long (the 45th percentile for height, if you are wondering about the proportions I'll introduce you to her father sometime).


So now at this time some fun things about Azure.
~She has finally figured out moving forward. It was actually on October 11th. We were over at a friends house so I could do some Visiting Teaching and she finally started going forward. Despite having figured it out then, she really hasn't been on the move as much as I'd expected until about this last week. She finally is venturing around more.
~ With that venturing she has been discovering cords. She really loves to get into them. I have to keep a sharp eye on her.
~ She never stops moving. Still. Even in the middle of the night when I feed her, she moves the whole time even though she's mostly asleep.
~ She does not like cooked carrots, sweet potato, yams, or broccoli.
~ Azure has a very sensitive gag reflex. And she throws up a lot. Not so fun for Mom.
~ She is super curious and loves to see everything going on around her.
~ Azure will not be deterred. If there is something she sees that she wants, she will fight to get at it. And distraction does not work on this girl.
~ This little miss is a ham. She cracks me up. She'll purposely bonk her head on the back of her high chair and then pause and look at me waiting for the reaction. She fake coughs all the time and watches for my reaction as well.
~ She's almost always in a good mood. But when she's not she is really not. And nothing can calm her but Mom. Heaven help the world if something ever happens to me.
~ Azure likes to make fun noises which I have yet to capture on camera. I'm determined to get it though. She sometimes gets laughing hard, but mostly just gives a courtesy half laugh.
~ This girl still adores her brother, but has discovered that he's more fun at a distance most of the time. Cormac likes to wrestle, and she is not in favor 95% of the time.
~ When Ammon gets home from work she wants to watch his every move. She doesn't necessarily want him to hold her (unless Mommy won't and then she's okay with it), but she loves to see what he's doing.
~ So far the toys she's most interested in are Cormac's matchbox cars and his trains. I've tried to interest her in stuffed animals and dolls. She would prefer a car any day. Oh, and she loves squirty tub toys (they are excellent for little teethers).
~ I can feel 4 teeth that are close, but so far none have broken skin.
~ "Snuggling" is not a word that Azure identifies with. At all. In any way shape or form. And don't you dare try to restrain her arms or legs. Ever. When I feed her she has to be positioned so that she can still move. She's a fireball this one.
~ And really, I just can't imagine life without my sweet little baby.


During our 7 month "photo shoot" she was really hamming it up. I got some fun photos. So I wanted to share a ton of them. But I wasn't sure most people were that devoted. So I decided to make a little 8 month recap of her life with mostly pictures from her little monthly shots. I hope you enjoy.


2 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

I'm glad Azure is so delicate! Her younger cousin Omar is chubbier! He weighed 18.2 pounds at 5 months. Yikes!

Jonny and Megan said...

Melanee, Your little Azure is too cute for words!!