Sunday, August 12, 2012

Aunt Bird and Uncle D

Since my sister was born we have called her Bird. So I can't quite let it go. Thus my children will likely call her Bird as well. A few weeks ago we took the trip to Rexburg to see Sera graduate. Birdy is now a the proud owner of of a Bachelor's Degree in graphic design.

Naturally we had to take the customary family pictures. Which is such a challenge with a toddler:


Ammon was snapping pictures and so was Darrin's mom. As we were standing with our happy smiling face and squirming children we were told to say "Sera's pregnant" instead of say cheese. This followed:

"Say, 'Sera's Pregnant.'"
My favorite part of all the pictures that were taken was the sheer joy on Darrin's face. Clearly someone is excited to become a father. So very cool.

 

I was in shock. It took me a while to process that it wasn't a joke. Not that Bird has every joked about it. But still. We were extremely excited. So we snapped a few more pictures.





While the way that Bird told us was truly awesome because the reaction was caught on camera, we actually ruined the way she had planned to tell us by showing up a little too late for her to enact her original plan of dressing my children in these awesome t-shirts that she made. Here are a few pictures of the kids in the shirts:



You can't see the front in these, but later you'll see it. It has a dragon on it since Baby Caldwell will be born in the year of the dragon.

Naturally we were very thrilled. Our kids' first cousin on my side of the family, and a degree all thrown in. It was a happy day. The next day we went around campus to see the sights. I can't recognize the campus from when I was there. So much has changed.

The awesome shirt.
Viewing the beautiful gardens.

I'm in love with this picture. Could his smile be any more goofy. And his grandparents are obviously happy to be with such a crazy boy. He really loves Grammie and Papa.

Sleepy baby.


The park has an awesome splash park and a merry-go-round. Uncle D was kind enough to lend us a dollar (still owe you for that D), and so Cormac got to ride. He loved it.

Waving to Grammie.

I guess I loved it too based on my expression.

He kept telling me what the horse says the whole time.
 
You want me to do what?

Oh I got this. You want me to splash!

Baby girl wasn't so sure about splashing, but it was hot enough out that I think she put up with it just to cool off.

Aunt Bird and Baby Azure

Splashing away.

It was a wonderful weekend. We had a great time despite the terrible heat. Poor Sera and Darrin had to watch us take over their beautiful home and make a mess out of it, but they were kind and didn't complain. They're good folks. We are very happy for Birdy to finally be done with school. And we are even more excited about the coming baby this January.

No comments: