Monday, July 23, 2012

Just Like Daddy

I started this post before Father's Day. Then things got busy. Then our computer crashed. So I figured I'd save it for Ammon's birthday which was just this last Friday. I'm afraid it wasn't a very good birthday. We didn't celebrate Ammon all that much because my sister graduated with her BA from BYU-Idaho. I'm planning to have a late birthday day this week to make up for it.

Ammon is an amazing man. Really. Remember that whole computer crash I just mentioned? We thought for a few days it might be the hard drive. I hadn't backed up a picture in 2 years and I was very distraught. Ammon spent hours researching, figured out a few things it might be, narrowed it down to one, and fixed it. He can fix anything. No really. Anything.

There were a few months in my son's life when I was his favorite. They were mostly the months in which I was nursing him. Since then I've been replaced by another. As Cormac gets older he becomes more and more enamored by his daddy. He is starting to look more and more like Ammon as well. Not to mention he imitates him whenever possible.


Sitting on the back of the couch. All seriousness and a cool-aid mustache to complete the look.
At the end of the day when I notice Ammon is home I have only to say "Guess who's home" and Cormac takes off for the door eager to greet his dad. And who can blame him. Ammon is an amazing father.

Both our kids smile huge when they see him. And Cormac talks about Daddy and his truck a good portion of every day. The second Ammon walks in the door Cormac usually grabs a toy for himself and one for his dad. Then he takes Ammon's hand and leads him to the train track or the construction site so they can play. I love to watch them play in the sand box together, or to watch Cormac try to imitate his dad while Ammon is working.

I could go on. But considering the feelings of the one being written I will stop. Ammon has never enjoyed the spotlight, and though I could brag about him until next July, I'll just simply say, he's amazing. I'm a very lucky girl and we have some very lucky kids. Happy birthday, Ammon. We love you. You make every day wonderful.

2 comments:

Olivia Cobian said...

Lovely post. Ammon IS amazing, and he'd be the first to say that he has an amazing wife. You're such a great family.

Cnbztribe said...

Loved the post as well! Ammon is great! It's so refreshing to know that there are good husbands and fathers out there.
Cormac is so cute and growing so fast. I love the kool-aid stained upper lip....it's so cute on kids!