Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Cricket and The Case of the Missing Binkies



Cormac has started to rub his feet together really fast when he gets excited. When I come in to get him after a nap he's usually standing (see above picture), but he'll gracefully sit himself down and start rubbing his feet back and forth on the mattress really fast. It's adorable. I think we may start calling him cricket.


About every other night I have to go in search of Cormac's binkies. He's really not a huge fan, but at night he does like them while going to sleep. Since we are just now starting to get him sleeping through the night I will do just about anything to facilitate his sleeping, thus he gets his binkie. Most nights when I search for the binkies I find them stashed away between the wall and the crib. It's sort of comical.

The other night Ammon said, "Today it's binkies, tomorrow he'll be stashing away rocks and other treasures." I'm excited for those days. Even if I have to clean up the treasure stashes.

3 comments:

Robert Johnson said...

I love the eating the bear picture. What a cutie! This is actually Marianne btw.

Teresa said...

We have under-the-bed containers for the boys' treasures. Jaret is leaving for college in 1 week, and I still can't get him to throw away some of the treasures he's collected over the years! Those treasures are very important to a boy!

Olivia Cobian said...

Lili collects rocks and rusty metal. We had to take our vacuum to get fixed because I accidentally vacuumed up an old, rusty nail in her room. Thanks for inviting me to view your blog. After checking my e-mail (I'm noy the sharpest knife in the drawer), I saw that you had invited me long ago. Your little guy is darling!