Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Here we are

Wondering what has happened to the Ammon Dahls? Well, wonder no more. We are alive and well. We are all settled down in our little apartment in Helena, Montana. It is truly beautiful here. We miss our home and we miss our puppies, but we are happy to be having a new adventure. Ammon is extremely and painfully busy these days. I'm am extremely and painfully not busy, which may be worse. At least in Provo I had a yard to take care of. Up until today we have not had internet either, so I finished reading the Anne of Green Gables series and have been doing reading on pregnancy. It helps to fill in the time.

But we haven't spent too much time here in Helena. Ammon spent last week in Kansas City doing a big training. And I spent the week up in Helmer, Idaho with my family. I think Ammon had a good time and learned a lot from his training. I had a wonderful time with my family. It makes a big difference when you have someone to socialize with during the day. At the end of the week Ammon flew to my parents and we all got to see my brother graduate. There are few things better than a Troy graduation as far as graduations go. It was a whole 30 minutes. Not bad. Half of that was a slide show.

We are now back to Helena and looking forward to going on a few fishing expeditions and exploring the various trails that they have around here. My morning sickness is easing up some, though I still feel far from perfect, and so that is making life easier. I'm showing now. I'm in that awkward "Is she fat, or is she pregnant?" stage, which is sort of fun, sort of not. We will find out in 2 weeks what we are having (if all goes well with the ultra sound). We hope to have my anemia under control soon too so that I'll have a bit more energy.

That's the update on us. We are enjoying our little stay in Montana. I'll be excited to get back to Utah though, which is something I never thought I'd say.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! SO glad to see you, Mel. I thought you had died! :( Glad you are feeling better and we are almost like neighbor-friends if you are in Helena! :) At least our states touch with joy and love... :) How long do you plan on staying in Montana?

Teresa said...

Finally! I was wondering if you were still alive until Jesse talked to your Mom last week. I told him to say, "Tell Melanee to update already!," but he's too nice and wouldn't do it! Have a great summer in beautiful Montana!

Thelma said...

Hi Melanee, I'm glad to hear from you. I hope you feel well soon. I'm looking forward to seeing you again in July.