Thursday, October 31, 2013

Trunk or Treat

 Last night the youth of our ward put on a Trunk or Treat. I loved these growing up. This is the first one that has happened in this ward in the 4 years that we've been here (and I doubt they've had one for a while before that). We had a wonderful time.

First we had to get prepped for the event. Cormac did an amazing job getting all the stuff out and helping me carve. We did these during Azure's naptime, so she didn't get to help. And Ammon is sort of a scrooge, so he was fine to miss the action. We still love him though, and he did humor me by dressing up, so I guess he's not too bad.


Then it was time to start getting ready. Cormac was so excited to get his makeup on. I wasn't so excited with how easy it came off on everything.

Howling like a wolf.
Here he is. Our fierce, Big, Bad Wolf. He wasn't too happy about being a "scary wolf" at first. Anytime anyone would say that he'd say, "Not scary. I'm a cool wolf." Fair enough. Eventually he did embrace his role as being "scary."




He was a big hit last night, but so was Little Red.

She wasn't a big fan of her hood though.
I found that leotard at DI and just added a bit of black ribbon lacing to the front. The cape was an Amazon find, and I made the skirt. It got a little crazy. The white was supposed to lay down more and look like an apron. Either way she was adorable.






At last it was time for the big event. Out trunk wasn't as awesome as my dad always created growing up, but with what I had lying around it worked fine.


And here we are. The woodsman, Granny, Red Riding Hood, and of course, The Wolf.


Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh my cuteness Mel! You are so talented!!

Thelma said...

It's so startling to see a female version of Ammon. :) Very cute. Ammon comes by his Halloween scrooge-ness honestly. I think it's in our DNA.

Jonny and Megan said...

I love this! Your trunk looked a lot better than mine! Your family costumes were so cute!!

Olivia Cobian said...

What a great idea! You all look wonderful and I am extra impressed with your and Cormac's pumpkin carving abilities.