Monday, October 21, 2013

Four Days of Birthday Celebrations

On Sunday our dear Mr. Cormac turned 4. We spent the entire weekend commemorating this grand occasion. As per our tradition, Cormac got to go out with just Mom and Dad on Friday night. We went and saw Turbo. It was cute. Surprised me. Cormac was actually very distraught that he didn't get to stay with the babysitter, but despite that, he cheered up and we had a wonderful time.

Saturday we loaded up in the car and headed north. We were able to have lunch with Ammon's parents. Cormac got to open the wonderful gift they gave him; a new fire engine. Then we made our annual trip to the zoo. It was a gloriously beautiful fall day.


My favorite story of the day: Cormac was rather distraught that we told him he had to wait until later to ride the carousel. We were trying to distract him. The rhinoceros was right up against the glass eating. It was the perfect view of his face. I told Cormac, "Look at that rhinoceros!" To which he passionately said, "That's not a rhinoceros, that's a monster." It was pretty funny. Then later he was telling me that the rhino was scary. Not going to lie, they are a bit scary. I agree.





That morning when we were having lunch with Mark and Coralee someone asked Cormac which animal he was the most excited to see at the zoo. He said the giraffe. They are fantastic aren't they?



Azure was pretty sure that one of the big cats was going to want to be her friend and let her love on it. This girls truly loves animals. I was pretty sure one of those big cats would think she wasn't more than just a light snack.


Finally!




On the way home I asked Cormac if he'd liked seeing the animals. He said, "NO! The rhinoceros was scary. He's a monster. He eats kids." Now we know what those nightmares are about that he's been having.

The next day was Cormac's actual birthday. So day 3 of the festivities began with homemade pumpkin bread for breakfast and presents.


Cormac opened his cards first. This one was from his cousin Marcos who had drawn him a train. I love this look of pure joy on his face. He has the best cousins.



Not her big birthday, but on the same day this gorgeous little thing turned 20 months. I can't believe how grown up she's getting (though not in stature, she's still so tiny).


My favorite picture. Cormac was posing with his new book and Azure walked in front of the camera and said, "Chee." Best photo bomb ever.



Spoiled is a good word for this weekend. Fire truck from Grandma and Grandpa Dahl, helicopter from Mom and Dad, and an awesome Jake the Pirate set from Grammie and Grandpa Garrison.



Since we had Cormac's party the day after his birthday I went ahead and just did cupcakes. So after church where they gave him a super cool mirror that says, "I'm a child of God," we had a yummy dinner and cupcakes. It was a great day.




3 comments:

Thelma said...

What a handsome four year old. I'm glad he had a fun birthday. I loved the look on his face when he opened Marcos's card. Also, I loved the photobomb. :)

Jonny and Megan said...

I can't believe he's already 4! Happy Birthday Comrac!

Olivia Cobian said...

What a delightful boy! I'm glad he was well-celebrated. The party was incredible! Good job.