Monday, September 10, 2012

Kiss Me Dirty

This first picture has absolutely nothing to do with the following post. But I really love how Cormac's hair gets out of control when he sleeps. It's even worse now because it's so long. Time for the very traumatic experience of another hair cut.


So I teamed up with a couple neighbors and my awesome cousin for my first ever 5K. I've been threatening to run one forever, but have never actually gotten up my courage. But with the strong encouragement of my next door neighbor, Eliza, I finally did it.

Me, Eliza, Traci (my cousin), and Megan
We decided to dress up in a sort of 70's style garb that we found at DI. Then we made duct tape go-go boots. We had thought the duct tape would help hold on our shoes. Which it did. But it also held in the mud, so that was fun.

I perhaps forgot to mention that the race we chose was the Kiss Me Dirty 5k just for women. It's a mud run. We had obstacles to overcome. . .


Our dramatic approach to the large wall we had to surmount.

Romeo, oh Romeo

I like a little drama, what can I say, I'm a goof. And Eliza played along. She's a goof too. Glad we live next to each other.

Giving the "I love you" sign to Ammon who was the designated camera man.
And lots of mud to get though. . .

Traci and I at the end of our adventure amongst other lovely ladies.
 As you can see, we got plenty dirty. And Ammon even kissed me dirty at the end. He's a good sport.


I was the first to fall in the large mud puddle. Then Traci tripped over me and fell on top of me. So we both were covered. Eliza and Megan were still fairly clean after that puddle, so I hand printed Eliza. I love this picture of us looking at her back. I think we look rather confused.



We really had a blast. We've decided we need to make it an annual event. So if you'd like to join in next year let me know. Thanks for the wonderful adventure ladies.

No comments: