Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happenings Around the Dahl House

I thought I'd share a few pictures from the last few weeks as a family of four. We've been enjoying our new little bundle. Azure is a sweet and darling little baby. She's pretty amiable most of the time, as long as Mom isn't too far away. She likes her mom. What can I say, her mom's a pretty awesome lady. . . ahem.


During the first two weeks of Azure's life she preferred to be left alone when she was awake. She really liked to just sit and look around. So I got out this little play yard that Cormac loved when he was little. I set her in it and Cormac climbed right in too. I don't think she's ever been in there when her brother hasn't joined her.


Azure has a thing about sticking out her tongue. My parents have told me that I loved to stick out my tongue as a little one as well. In fact the first time I met my dad I looked him right in the eye and stuck out my tongue. I guess my daughter takes after me a little.


Here she is at 2 weeks old wide awake. She was pretty jaundiced, poor little gal. This outfit was from Grammie. It's pretty cute. But she's already outgrown it at 3 weeks old.



Grandpa was teaching Cormac how to shave. I bet you didn't know that it goes over much better if you involve Thomas in your shaving endeavors.


Grammie with her second grandchild and only granddaughter. They enjoyed some snuggle time while my mom was here being my slave. Thanks for everything, Mom.


Cormac really likes lying down next to Azure. Not sure why. He is also really into giving her kisses. Apart from that he's really not too interested in her. Although the other day she got really upset when I was in the bathroom. I could hear Cormac saying, "Bebe sad." Which made me nervous. I hurried out to find him trying to cover her up with another blanket in her bed. He was doing a really good job. It was pretty sweet of him. Then today he was putting on chapstick and he put some on me, then he decided to share with Azure and he put some on her eye for her. I don't think she was too happy about it, but at least Cormac's trying to share.


And here she is today. Three weeks old. She has grown so much. She is probably about as big as Cormac was when he was born. So there's that. She did have a cute green bow for St. Patrick's day, but it didn't last too long. She doesn't like having them on too much.

Azure is wonderful. She makes me so happy. I love to snuggle with my sweet girl. Her jaundice is cleared up and she's doing much better. I am still healing. I forget how long it takes. But at least we aren't moving this time around. We've had so much help from friends and family as well which has been so wonderful. Thanks to everyone. But mostly thanks to Ammon. He's incredible. He has been doing everything. He does the cooking, cleaning, shopping, and entertaining of Cormac. He's the diaper changing champion as well. I couldn't do this without him. He's truly amazing. And he does all of this while holding down a full time job. I'm so thankful that I have him.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Loved all of your pictures, Melanee. What a beautiful family. Savannah's very favorite game is playing Melanee and Azure. If I call her and mistakenly call her "Savannah" when playing, she says impatiently, "I'm NOT Savannah, Mom. I'm Melanee. Don't wake my baby, Azure." Good luck with everything. Savor the moments... and keep writing them down. I wish so much I would have written more when my kids were babies.

Jennifer said...

Wow! It worked. It must be this new internet. I can finally comment on your blog! Yahoo.