Monday, March 19, 2012

Azure's Blessing

We decided to rush a little and get Azure blessed when she was only 13 days old. Normally we would have liked to have waited until she was at least a month or two old, but it just didn't work out that way. My parents were in town, and Ammon's parents were a day away from going into the MTC for their mission. Since we wanted both to be present it seemed like a good day to do it. So on March 4th (my parents 29th wedding anniversary no less) we went ahead and blessed our dear girl.


We really wanted a family picture. But you see, all of Cormac's cousins were around and he was not interested in a family picture. Actually, I think he wouldn't have been interested anyway, but it didn't help that all his cousins were here to play.


This is the best we got. He isn't screaming too much in this one. But then there are the fancy shadows. Oh well.


Azure with her Great Grandma Jaynes (Ammon's grandmother). We were so happy she could be there with us as well.


Ammon's mom makes wedding quilts for all of her children. She also makes a baby quilt for each of her grandchildren among other blankets that she makes. Azure was her 20th grandchild. She has 6 children. Ammon's the youngest and the last to get married. Let's just say Coralee's a busy woman. She had the goal to finish our wedding quilt before she left for her mission (they are in Nauvoo by the way). She gave it to us at the blessing. It's gorgeous. I am going to do a separate post with more pictures of it sometime, but for now, this is a quick glimpse. Coralee's amazing.


Life father like son. After a good meal you need a nap right? Obviously. I love this picture. Everyone is visiting and Mark and Enoch are sleeping.


A picture with Azure and Sister and Elder Dahl. We are so proud of these two going on a mission. They will be gone for 18 months. We are going to miss them, but know that they are going to do good things.


Another attempt at a family picture. This is as good as it got. It was a wonderful but hard day. Cormac was exhausted by this point. And he was very upset that no one had let him ride in their car with them. He hadn't had a nap. He had a new sister. He was getting over a cold. He didn't have much to eat; he was too busy playing with his cousins. And then he had played extremely hard. Poor boy. I was tired too.

I didn't get a picture of my parents with Azure. They worked all week to put together a wonderful lunch for all of our family that came to the blessing. It was beautiful. It was delicious. My parents were wonderful to take care of us. My mom is an amazing cook. And Cormac really bonded with his Grandpa. They loved to wrestle. It was fun to have them. They saved my life for this blessing. I never could have pulled off a meal for everyone right after having a baby. Thanks Mom and Dad.


Azure was blessed in the dress that my sister and I were blessed in as little babies. It was made special for us by my Grandma Garrison. It's a gorgeous dress. She looked like an angel. She was so tiny in so much fabric. Her headband was bought for her special by my mom, her Grammie.


Not the greatest picture, but I thought you'd like to see this great expanse of dress. And the afghan was made by Ammon's mom, Coralee (another one of the many projects that she does).


And I found these darling little shoes. We had to buy the premie size because she's so tiny. I thought they were really sweet though.

Ammon gave her a beautiful blessing. This gal has a wonderful life ahead of her. We are so thankful to have her in our family. Sure love her. And we sure love all of our family who came to support us and our dear daughter.

2 comments:

Thelma said...

Such great pictures Melanee! I wish we could have been there for the big day. You have beautiful children. I especially love the picture of my dad and Enoch asleep on the couch. They're even sitting the same way. I'm a little surprised Tabor wasn't there with him.

Olivia Cobian said...

We would have taken Cormac with us in our car! We love boys and are currently in between two-year-olds.