Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Nursery

It's finished. Or at least as finished as it's going to be. I'm sure there are additions that will happen as time goes on, but really, the nursery is done. I love that room right now. I think it's so fun. So first I'll show you some of the details that went into putting the room together.

You've already seen the tree, but here's a quick view of the tree with the flowers that I picked out:




I really love the way the flowers add a feminine touch to the tree. I think they are sweet. I wanted a dresser for her, so I found one on KSL and then found a mirror at DI that I thought would work well. Here's the before and after of those:



After:


I painted it and then we added new hardware. Ammon had to fix all of the tracks as well so the drawers would come in and out smoothly and not fall out. He did a great job.
Not a great picture, sorry.

Next I wanted a place to hang up her hair bows. I had seen a frame with chicken wire to hang them on at Kid to Kid, but they wanted nearly $20 for it. Well, we have chicken wire. And we have paint. All I needed was a frame. I found this one at DI for $2.



And then I decided to make a blanket to go in her room as well. The quilt that Ammon's mom is making for this baby girl is beautiful. I based all the colors in the room off of it. I decided that I wanted to bring out some different colors rather than just pink. So I made this afghan a burnt orange.



Here is the cradle (another KSL find, I maybe need more to do or less?). We hung the butterfly mobile right over the top as well.



And just to remind you, this is what this room originally looked like:



Thank you for your patience. And now for the finished product:







It's hard to tell, but the walls are all green. It's called Key Lime green. One of my favorite colors I've ever used. I love it. It's ready for our sweet little girl. I can't wait for her to get here. Only 6 days left to my due date. I sure hope we don't go that long. The clothes are washed and folded. Everything is in it's place. But like the doctor said, if I weren't so prepared she'd be sure to come. Too true.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Looks great Mel! Good luck with delivery and all that jazz. Can't wait to see a picture of your baby girl.

Haley Krumblis said...

Melanee! This just looks BEAUTIFUL!! I can't believe all that you did! Oh how exciting! Next will be pictures with the baby in the room! Can't wait to see them.

Cindy said...

Wow, I love that tree! So unique and very beautiful!!

Olivia Cobian said...

I loved seeing the pictures of your shower and of your nursery. You are so talented! You are also SO ready! I've never been that ready for a baby. Our poor little #5 is going to be lucky if we get him the right size diapers before he comes! Good luck. You are a beautiful mama!

Diane said...

Nice job! The flowers look good, and I love the green walls. I like the green fan on top of the green cupboard too =) And congrats too! Azure is adorable, and very unique and pretty name.