Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Mass Update

So, what has been up at the Dahl house you ask? Much. We have been a busy group these days. We have been projecting. Our list of projects currently underway includes (but is not limited to):

~ the kitchen
~ the bathroom
~ the shop
~ the chicken coop
~ the basement
~ the sunroom
~ the yard

This is what happens when you buy a fixer upper. It's also what happens when you start new projects before you've finished the old. We are not very good at finishing. We are excellent at starting. We are still living with a blanket for a bedroom wall. And you may have noticed that the bedroom has not made the list of projects underway yet. We may never have a bedroom wall.

Ammon is a busy guy. He was just called to be the Elders' Quorum President in our ward. It's a big job. But he's doing a fine job. He is also still the man in charge of the sports in our ward. Between the two callings, his full time day job, and his work here at home in the evenings we haven't had the chance to just zone out for an entire movie for nearly a month.

I am doing well. Cormac had RSV this last week. By the time Friday came I was ready to get on a ship and sail away. Dealing with a very grumpy baby for so long is challenging. But Ammon has been home to help this weekend. Cormac seems to be on the mend. But, of course, now I have it. And I think Ammon has it as well. I'm getting ready to start teaching yoga here in the near future, which I'm excited about (let me know if you want to get in on it). My health continues to baffle all of us, but I'm doing alright.

Cormac is nuts. He is a busy boy. I am very proud of him for learning to say "thank you" before he learned to say "no." In fact, he hardly says "no" even now. When you ask him for kisses he puts his cheek on your lips and then says "mmmmmah." But he very rarely gives an actual kiss. Which is really okay since he hasn't figured out the closed lip kiss. He still gives the baby open mouth slobber (sometimes with teeth, he left a mark on my forehead the other day from a "kiss").

Cormac also has an obsession with closing his eyes and doing things. He tries to walk with eyes closed. It's pretty comical. He also tries to eat with his eyes shut tight. I'm not really sure where he learned this. When we ask him to fold his arms for the prayer he folds them and then starts clapping to congratulate himself for the good job he is doing.

We now have to make sure we only use the words "bye, bye" when we are actually on our way out the door. This boy loves to go outside. If I say "bye, bye" and we don't actually go anywhere there will be a full blown melt down immediately after.

Cormac loves to be outside. But he is terrified of the neighbor's goose (justly so). So when we walk out the front door he freezes to figure out where the goose is and to make sure I'm not too far away so he can grab my hand if he feels sufficiently threatened.

This is getting long, so I will end it here, but stay tuned for a picture overload. I know all those Cormac fans out there have been cursing me for not keeping up with this better, so I will deliver.

No comments: