Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Around Our House


Cormac has an impressive lower lip. He has started jutting it out as far as he can right before a break down. I think it's pretty adorable. Does that make me a bad mom?


We have had visitors from time to time. This time it was Taft who came to play. My friend Heidi was in town and she brought over her two little boys. Luke was only a month old. So tiny. Taft and Cormac got along pretty well for the most part. As long as Taft wasn't trying to play with Cormac's 4-wheeler or his Xylophone they did okay. We are going to have to work on sharing.


Cormac has this crazy weird hair growth going on right now. At the sides he has hair that is growing a lot longer than the hair around and below it. It sort of fans out and wraps around his ears now. It might be getting time for a haircut, but there is still so little to cut. My mom told me that getting that first haircut really transforms a baby into toddler. I'm not ready for that.


I can't play the piano solo anymore. It is always a duet. Cormac loves the piano. What's not to love? It makes noise, you can bang on it, and it is usually off limits.


The weather has been nuts this year. We get dumped on with tons and tons of snow and by afternoon it is gone. This was taken in the morning. In some places there was nearly a foot and a half of snow. By afternoon it was all gone. Even in the shady places.


Cormac has a new found love of his belly button. He pulls up his shirt to show it off to me all the time. He also takes off when I'm trying to dress him and it's time to put a shirt on. He loves to have his shoes on, but would rather show off his manly torso.


This picture makes me smile. He was chasing me around with the animal crackers box (which is nearly as big as he is), and I was running for my camera rather than opening it up to get him what he wanted. He's a pretty funny boy.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

It was so fun visiting with you. We'll have to do it again in May. Although I must warn you that Taft has actually gotten worse at sharing